Posted by Admin on June, 17, 2019
Cottonseed oil is extracted from cottonseeds that carry around 18% oil content. Today, cottonseed oil is estimated to contribute nearly a fifth of the global vegetable oil production. Basically, cottonseed oil is produced by refining the cottonseed wash oil which is non-edible oil, expelled mechanically from the cotton seeds through screw and pressing. After extraction, the cottonseed wash oil undergoes exhaustive treatment in order to reduce the level of gossypol found in cottonseed wash oil, as gossypol may produce undesirable side-effects to our health. Due to the presence of gossypol, cotton seed wash oil has better condition stability.
The partially processed cottonseed oil (cottonseed wash oil) is the ideal oil in manufacturing margarine i.e. a substitute to butter and bakery products. This unrefined lose oil is demanded by edible cottonseed oil refinery plants. They make this cotton seed wash oil edible by refining it. And the refined oil is used mainly in salad and cooking oils, shortening, and to a lesser extent in the packing of fish and cured meat. Low-grade cottonseed oil produced from cottonseed wash oil is used in the manufacturing of soaps, lubricants, and protective coatings.
Common properties of cottonseed wash oil: -
• The oil is a clear yellow in color and looks quite similar to corn oil.
• The amount of refinement of cottonseed wash oil affects its color.
• The oil has a smoke point of 232 degree Celsius.
• After refining the oil, it is neutral in taste.
• The density of the oil at 15 degree Celsius is 925.87kg/cubic square meter.
• The oil contains a high amount of antioxidants (tocopherols) that are beneficial for our health.
Some of the benefits of cottonseed wash oil: -
• The refined cottonseed oil produced from cottonseed wash oil prevents the coronary artery from hardening.
• The refined cottonseed oil produced from cottonseed wash oil is also rich in vitamin E content that acts like as antioxidant is important in fighting from free radicals.
• The refined cottonseed oil produced from cottonseed wash oil is perfect for deep frying and enhances the flavor of the food.
• The refined cottonseed oil produced from cottonseed wash oil contains omega-3 fatty acids that are extremely good for the heart.
• The light texture of this cottonseed wash oil makes it great for cosmetic use making it a common ingredient in cream lotion soap etc.
• Gossypol present in cottonseed wash oil is a naturally occurring that protects the cotton plant from insect damage, therefore unrefined cottonseed wash oil is sometimes used as a pesticide.
The negative impact of cottonseed wash oil: -
• The oil contains gossypol a substance which can cause sterility in rats.
• Gossypol in the oil has toxins that decrease spermatogenesis and sperm mobility in man.
There are many cotton seed wash oil manufacturers in India engaged in the manufacturing a broad array of cotton seed wash oil. An exhaustive range of cotton seed wash oil is also provided by the cottonseed wash oil Manufacturers in Visnagar, Gujarat. They offer premium quality cottonseed wash oil that is extracted from organically cultivated cottonseeds and are made available with no preservatives. They have backed by agro experts who ensure that only organically grown and handpicked cottonseeds are used for manufacturing the entire range of cottonseed wash oil. The offered oil is highly acclaimed in the market due to its leak-proof packaging, free from impurities, balanced composition, and hygienic manufacturing process. You can get the offered cottonseed wash oil in a bulk quantity at a very affordable rate.
This entry was posted on June, 17, 2019 at 16 : 08 pm and is filed under Cotton Seed Wash Oil. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response from your own site.